As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves rapidly bringing new changes and challenges for healthcare daily, the health of women and families remains our top priority. Here are key resources and FAQs we’re sharing with Maven’s community to stay up-to-date. As we’re all learning more over time, we’ll keep this page updated with new information and insights from Maven’s providers.
Updated January 2021
- Latest: FAQs on the COVID-19 Vaccine. Maven Medical Director and OB-GYN Dr. Jane van Dis shares all of the details on the vaccine she has gathered for pregnant women, as well as anyone looking for more information about effectiveness, limitations, side effects, and more.
- Maven's Medical Director Dr. Jane van Dis shares what the latest CDC research means for pregnant women, shining new light on heightened risks due to COVID-19 with the largest CDC study on the virus during pregnancy to-date. The study suggests that pregnant women are at a heightened risk of death and severe illness if infected by COVID-19, and more likely to require admission to intensive care, compared with non-pregnant women of the same age—though there are important limitations to call out. This new data adds to growing evidence that remind us to continue to take these risks seriously. If you’re pregnant, please continue to take extra precautions to remain safe, healthy, and limit your risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- We’ve partnered with economist and bestselling author Emily Oster on our COVID-19 Child Care Decision Tool, a free, evidence-based tool for parents to assess the risks, benefits, and their unique circumstances to make the best schooling and child care decisions for their family.
- At least 70% of parents are stressed about even meeting basic needs for their families during this time. Here are 7 things working parents need right now and how HR leaders can step up support, based on what we’ve been learning from our members.
- FAQs and latest clinical guidance on fertility: Everything you need to know about fertility treatments (IVF, IUI, egg freezing) or embryo transfers based on the latest guidance issued by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
- FAQs: Pediatrics and COVID-19: Maven Pediatrician Dr. Jamie Hutton shares the latest clinical guidance on COVID-19 in children and infants, provides top tips for parents, and more.
- FAQs: Coronavirus and pregnancy: What pregnant women should know about COVID-19, with common questions answered by OB-GYN and Maven Medical Director Dr. Jane van Dis.
- Read ACOG’s latest FAQs on COVID-19 and women’s health care
- Video chat with a doctor through curated telehealth care on Maven: In your Maven app, members can easily find specific providers in our on-demand virtual clinic who are equipped to provide guidance and to answer questions for you and your family through video appointments. Find Maven’s “Coronavirus Support” option under Get Care in the app. Get started on Maven here.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for educational purposes only. The information is not intended as legal advice or medical advice, and is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranties of any kind. Moreover, due to rapidly changing developments, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or other sites to which we link. For the latest information regarding COVID-19, we refer readers to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website (www.cdc.gov).
Ready to get started with Maven?
See how Maven can support working families, retain talent, and reduce costs
Activate your Maven account today
Maven members have unlimited access to 24/7 care and 30+ types of providers. Check to see if you have access to Maven providers and resources today.Explore Maven