As the COVID-19 crisis continues evolving rapidly, bringing with it changes and challenges for healthcare, we’re speaking with women’s health experts in our weekly Ask Maven Anything live Q&A series. We’ll speak with Maven providers about questions we’re receiving from our members and the latest clinical guidance and what it means for pregnancy, fertility, pediatrics, and more. Join our next virtual roundtable live on Thursday, April 2nd at 1:30p ET//10a PT.
Our latest Ask Maven Anything Q&A on March 27th focused on mental health, helping pregnant women and mothers manage anxiety, changes to labor and delivery, new clinical studies on pregnant women with COVID-19, how fertility clinics are helping patients through telehealth, and more.
Some of the questions discussed include:
- Are women who are pregnant and experiencing anxiety more likely to get postpartum depression?
- Should women be concerned that their primary OB-GYNs will be diverted from delivery to the ICU, ER, or elsewhere?
- How has the patient experience changed for fertility treatments?
“I’ve been helping pregnant women manage their increased anxiety, sadness, anger, and frustration around COVID-19 and what this is going to mean for their birth, and even postpartum,” said Meaghan Sherman, licensed therapist and Maven Mental Health Provider. “I’m also seeing a lot of working moms transitioning to working from home without childcare and working through other dynamics as well.”
Maven is here for you
In this extraordinary time of heightened anxiety and a lack of access to medical providers, we at Maven are committed to ensuring women and families have access to the most up-to-date information and fact-based resources, as well as on-demand care and support when they need it—without having to leave home.
- Visit our COVID-19 resource center, updated regularly (updated March 27)
- Get the latest clinical guidance on fertility treatments with FAQs answered by Dr. Brian Levine (updated March 27)
- Read our FAQs on pregnancy and coronavirus answered by Dr. Jane van Dis (updated March 27)
What is Maven?
Maven is a virtual clinic for women and families. If you have a specific question, or cannot get through to your doctor, you can schedule a virtual appointment to speak with one of Maven’s providers. There are more than 20 types of care providers available on Maven, including OB-GYNs, pediatricians, nurse practitioners, midwives, doulas, and more. Get started here.
Ready to get started with Maven?
See how Maven can support working families, retain talent, and reduce costs
Activate your Maven account today
Maven members have unlimited access to 24/7 care and 30+ types of providers. Check to see if you have access to Maven providers and resources today.Explore Maven