The tech and media sectors are currently the industries seeing the highest talent turnover rates, meaning that innovative companies in these industries, like BuzzFeed, must have policies in place to retain top talent. BuzzFeed turned to Maven to help drive retention and meet employees’ requests for best-in-class family benefits. Here are some highlights from our case study in just 90 seconds!
In just over one year, Maven has become a critical resource for BuzzFeeders on any path to parenthood, and BuzzFeed’s investment in Maven has paid off in terms of employee retention alone: they’ve seen a marked improvement in their return-to-work rates for new parents. Here are just a few of the statistics that demonstrate our engagement and impact:
- 94% return-to-work rate
- Since implementing Maven, 94% of new parents have returned to work after leave (vs. 57% national average).
- 600+ interactions
- BuzzFeed employees have had more than 600 interactions with Maven doctors and specialists in our virtual clinic.
- 5-star rating
- BuzzFeeders give the Maven experience 5-out-of-5 stars through app ratings and in feedback to HR.
- 1 of 3 interactions outside of doctor’s office hours
- 1 out of 3 interactions BuzzFeed employees have on Maven are between 6pm and 8am (outside of standard doctor’s office hours).
Global digital media company BuzzFeed has built its brand on understanding what millennials want, providing news and video content on the hot topics they’re buzzing about. With a global audience of over 520 million unique monthly users, BuzzFeed reaches 83% of millennials in the U.S. every month.
One of the secrets to doing this so well? Many of BuzzFeed’s employees are millennials themselves. Defined as anyone born between 1982 and 2000, millennials are approaching 37 years old and beginning to plan for or start their families—meaning BuzzFeed’s readers and their employees have been navigating the unknowns of parenthood together.
“Being inclusive means a lot of different things to a lot of different people but for us, it means that no matter who you are, what your individuality is, what your preferences are… you should be able to find something that is helpful for you. And Maven offers that.”
— Hannah Wilkowski, BuzzFeed’s Global Benefits Manager
BuzzFeed’s employees asked the HR team for best-in-class family benefits—support through pregnancy, adoption, or surrogacy. BuzzFeed’s must-haves included:
- Global parity
- BuzzFeed needed to offer the same level of access and services to employees in their 17 offices around the world.
- Inclusive support
- Benefits needed to be reflective of BuzzFeed’s diverse employee population and to provide equal coverage for all paths to parenthood.
- A mobile app was highly preferred to help increase enrollments and engagement.
- Convenient, high-quality care
- Employees expected access to high-quality doctors and care providers whenever they needed them.
Read more about our partnership with BuzzFeed and how we’re helping BuzzFeeders navigate working parenthood.
Ready to get started with Maven?
See how Maven can support working families, retain talent, and reduce costs
Activate your Maven account today
Maven members have unlimited access to 24/7 care and 30+ types of providers. Check to see if you have access to Maven providers and resources today.Explore Maven